Well admittedly this was my first exposure to .iso file. I was given a program to install the CD only had one iso file. After being bounced back asking for the right cd, I had to look it up.
Apparently if you have large amount of data, you can create a image file ( extension *.iso ) to save space. To install these file, there are numerous programs available. I have used Virtual CloneDrive.
Partly because it is freeware and I liked the concept of their logo. It had sheep ( to mean Cloning.. 🙂 )
Here is how you install an .ISO setup file.
- Download virtual clonedrive ( or any program that you may prefer).
- Install the program: A drive would appear that behaves like CD/DVD drive.
- Click on the drive and select Mount from right-click-option.
- Select the *.iso file that you wish to install : this would mount the image file in the drive.
- Click on the this mounted-CloneDrive to initiate the installation process.
Hope this Iso installation for Dummies helped you out. Cheers!
P.S. I think I used virtual directory to mount gaming cd before.. but couldn’t get my head around to think of 120% Alcohol, daemon tools!!